Topic: Krabi International Airport to Ao Nang Beach

Hi all!

I am excited as i will be visiting beautiful Krabi with my gf on the 12 May 2007.

As this is my first time traveling to Krabi, I am not sure which is the cheapest way for me to reach Ao Nang Beach from Krabi Airport.

Please let me know that Is it true that there is a Shared truck Taxi which takes us from Krabi airport to Ao Nang Beach from as low as 50Baht and it depart all the time? I got the source from ---> http://wikitravel.org/en/Krabi#By_car

As per compared to the hotel transfter service which charged 600 baht and the taxi service which charged 500 baht the share truck taxi is really cheap, however i am concern about the safety and the reliability of this source.

Can anyone please advice the best way to reach Ao nang from krabi airport?

Thank you.

regards
blackhawk487:D

Re: Krabi International Airport to Ao Nang Beach

I have'nt seen the shared truck at the airport for some time and not sure of the price. Taxi's charge 500B for the journey to Ao Nang.
I have seen people walking out to the main road and flagging down a songtheaw to Krabi town and then on to Ao Nang! A lot cheaper if you don't have much luggage.
Good luck and welcome to Krabi.

I am going to Krabi in August.  Would appreciate if you could post prices of airport transfer and accommodation.
Thanks in advance.

A taxi from the airport to Ao Nang costs 600 baht, or a shared minivan service costs 200 baht per person, waiting for 6 people before leaving. There is no public transport allowed in the airport. If you would like to take public transport, you must walk out to the main highway and flag down a truck to Krabi Town (this could be dangerous, as you have to cross the highway) for about 30 baht, then take another bus, or taxi to Ao Nang from there.

Prices are the same year round.

As for accommodation, could you be a bit more specific?

hi, this is my first time to krabi also. So i''m wondering if there will be a long queue at the taxi stand at the airport during off-seaon in July?

Unlikely. Most people who book in advance get a hotel transfer, which costs the same price, so the queue (if any) will be short.

arriving oct on tiger flight mid evening would taxi be available at that time of night ?

Of course! The taxis don't go home until the last flight (after Tiger) has fully disembarked smile

been to some small airports (sukhothai but was during day and no taxis)
thanks for the info

YourKrabi wrote:

Unlikely. Most people who book in advance get a hotel transfer, which costs the same price, so the queue (if any) will be short.

Same? But i thot a taxi cost 600THB rite? Cos my hotel transfer cost 400THB per person per way...

Another thing is i read that only official taxis are allowed into the airport, but how do i know which taxi is "official"? Also, is it easy to catch a cab frm ao nang beach to airport? And the taxis are not metered rite? So we nd to bargain for the price first?

How's the conditions of the rd, is it as jam as BKK? Cos i was wondering how early will i nd to board a taxi to get to the airport frm ao nang...

Well, that's Ao Nang Villa for you. Most hotels charge 300 baht per person or 600 baht per trip.

Only official taxis and hotel pick-ups are allowed into the airport - correct. Therefore, there are no other taxis in the airport smile
You buy a coupon inside the arrival hall (600 baht to anywhere in Ao Nang) and give it to a waiting driver (in case any unofficial driver sneaked in he won't accept this anyway as he can't exchange it later for his fare).
From Ao Nang Beach to the airport is fixed price 500 Baht, no bargaining. The taxis park all along the beach road and you can book one the previous day to pick you up at the hotel. It will take 20 - 30 minutes to get to the airport at any time of day.

i c... tk you for the info again. smile

Hi,

i will be travelling to krabi from 30 Aug to 2 Sept with 3 frendz, would like to know abt car rental at the airport and is it difficult to find our way around in krabi?

National, Budget and I think Avis have counters in the arrival hall, prices start from 1200 baht per day.
Krabi is very easy to get around, the road system is very good (though the driving less so!) and all the road signs are in Thai and English

Who know the price air ticket bangkok to Krabi ? on 2 jan 2009 ?

(Please log in or register to see this link) (Please log in or register to see this link) (Please log in or register to see this link)

Hi, I'm going to Krabi for two weeks and I'm also going to fly from Krabi  to Kuala Lumpur for a few days.  How much time do I have to take before the flight? How long it takes to go to the airport and and how much earlier do I have to be in airport before departure?
thank you for helping me smile

I believe check in for Air Asia opens 2 hours before the flight and closes 45 minutes before departure, so you can arrive any time between then. Bear in mind that Krabi Airport is very small with almost nothing to do (especially when you go through to the departure lounge) so there is point in going very early, unless you like to travel this way. I'd say 1.5 hours before would be plenty.

As for how long it takes to get there, depends on where you are leaving from! Krabi has quite few destinations on the mainland, and also the islands. If you can tell me where you are staying, I can let you know the travel time.

Also: see this link - http://www.yourkrabi.com/krabi-airport.php

Hi, Thank you very much for your help. We are staying at Hotel Amandari and the adress is Soi 8, Aonang, Krabi. Our Kuala Lumpur departure is monday 23st of february at 12.50. smile

Last edited by Henna (30-01-2009 19:20:25)

The Amandari is in Ao Nang. It should take 20 - 30 minutes to get to the airport from here, depending on the traffic, so you can plan your departure accordingly.

Ok, Thank you very much for you help. I'm looking forwad to see your country next veek. smile